2012/07/01

Passing on the light


They say each star represents the soul of one departed;
A bell ringing marks an angel receiving its wings;
A shooting star is an opportunity for a wish to be fulfilled;

All are lights that guide our way and keep us company.

One close to us ends their time with us and takes a new path
travelling on to where we cannot see
Are they there or have they ceased to be?

I don't know if they are there, but they will never cease to be.
Not as long as the light of their face shines for me
Not as long as their voice echos in my ears
Not as long as their memories fill my heart.

I must let them go, but forever will I hold them dear
I must travel on my own road, but I will feel them close

The hurt will mellow
The tears will dry
The love will live on eternally as I pass on my own memories

And, some day,
I, too,
will be the light that guides the ones I have known

2012/07/01 - For Gracie's great aunt and everyone else

No comments:

Post a Comment