2013/04/06

I am bound to tell thee


By chance, I walked a hidden path
forgotten, oh, these many years
it suffered less of nature's wrath
than I had thought it likely

And brought to mind, this heaven's scene,
a wondrous scent, earthly decay
and black from brown and brown from green
as cycles circle blithely

By whim, I turned, when caught my eye
an apparition nearly missed
that faded fast when I walked by
into the background, spritely

By fortune, came I to a glen
and saw, beyond, a castle grand
that came to be, I know not when,
protecting master nightly

I thought of Alice, thought of Pooh
I thought of memories put to bed
I pondered long, as oft I do
of trees and how they cover

I thought of these things fresh and new
though decades many past have marched
they're here and now, though time, it flew
and still of them I tell thee

At length, I knew, 'twas time to home
She's held me in her gentle hands
as comes to end my time to roam
my time with this, my lover

I will once more join all my kin
we carriers of wit and lust
hold fast the words of life within.
Once more, the shelves await me

2013/04/06
Inspired by the image, not the title

No comments:

Post a Comment